When we asked our team about the rewards of working at Silver Star Brands, our benefits package was frequently mentioned.
From the competitive compensation to benefits like health insurance and wellness programming, the group agreed benefits are one of the things that make Silver Star Brands a great place to work!
Silver Star Brands offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package. We provide paid time off, holiday pay, a 401(k) match, education reimbursement and much, much more.
Insurance Benefits – Keeping You and Your Family Healthy
- Health Insurance with Prescription Drug Benefit – Silver Star Brands’ healthy and safe work environment allows us to provide a comprehensive medical plan for full- and part-time employees. The plan includes a prescription drug benefit program through retail and mail order. The plan is set up with a $2,500 single/$5,000 family deductible.
- Comprehensive Dental Insurance – We offer two dental plans for full- and part-time employees. Coverage is included for preventive care and for treatment needed as a result of dental disease or accidental injury. We offer 100 percent coverage for diagnostic and preventative services, including 2 to 4 cleanings per year depending on the provider you choose.
- Vision Insurance for Full-Time Employees and Eligible Dependents – Our vision plan offers materials-only coverage with no deductible to employees and their eligible dependents. This benefit provides coverage for frames, lenses or contact lenses once every 12 months.
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance – At Silver Star Brands, we know how important it is to you to protect yourself and your loved ones. That’s why we provide life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, along with voluntary life insurance to our employees and their dependents. Basic life insurance of one-and-a-half-times your annual salary is offered to team members at no cost. And, as a team member, you’ll have the option to purchase supplemental life insurance for you, your spouse and your children or other dependents. Part-time employees are eligible for a $10,000 life insurance and AD&D policy for themselves. The company covers half the cost. Part-time employees have the option to pick up a $2,500 policy for spouses and dependents.
- Short– and Long–Term Disability Insurance – All full-time team members have short- and long-term disability coverage. (Part-time team members may pick up a short-term disability policy.) Short-term disability is payable on the fourth day after seeing a physician for an injury or illness or payable on the first day if hospitalized. After short-term disability expires, a team member is covered under long-term disability.
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Silver Star Brands offers both a Health Care Reimbursement and Dependent Care Reimbursement account. Pre-tax dollars are set aside to pay for health care and child care expenses.
Education and Professional Development
Silver Star Brands believes in continuous education and supports team members who pursue additional education.
- Education Assistance – We offer full-time team members education assistance to cover the cost of tuition and books. Classes must be related to your current job or foreseeable future position within the organization.
Retirement plans, profit sharing and bonuses
Our holistic approach to benefits includes planning for the future and rewarding your contributions today. That’s why we offer retirement plans, profit sharing and incentive programs.
- 401(k) – To help you prepare for the future, Silver Star Brands sponsors a 401(k) and Roth Plan. Employees may contribute up to 50 percent of their pay. Silver Star Brands will match 100 percent on the first percent of the deferral and 50 percent on the next 5 percent of the deferral with a vesting schedule of two years.
- Profit Sharing – This plan is based on the annual performance of Silver Star Brands’. The profit-sharing received is based on earnings during the fiscal year. Profit-sharing will be paid directly into your 401(k) plan with a vesting schedule of up to five years.
- Discretionary Bonus – Great work has its rewards! All team members are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus if they are employed through the end of the fiscal year or laid off. This benefit is based upon Silver Star Brands’ annual performance. Silver Star Brands managers are eligible for a bonus based on results of annual goals and company fiscal performance.
Time Off, Leave and Holidays
Being your best you means having flexibility to take time off. Here is the full range of time off and benefits available with Silver Star Brands jobs and careers.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – At Silver Star Brands, you’ll earn PTO based on your years of service. In fact, we offer a prorated amount—up to 15 days—to new, full-time team members in their first year of employment! This time off can be used for vacation, personal or sick time. Part-time team members can earn PTO based no hours worked in prior year.
- Holidays – Holidays are big at Silver Star Brands. (Perhaps it’s because they’re so much a part of our story.) That’s why our team enjoys an annual holiday schedule that includes nine paid holidays.
- Parental Leave – Births, adoptions and foster care placements are life events we want to celebrate! You can use paid parental leave for a birth, adoption or foster care placement. Full-time team members who are not on short-term disability are provided three days of paid time to be used within 30 days of the birth or adoption of the child. This is additional time off – not charged against the employee’s other paid leave credits. Part-time team members are eligible for eight hours of parental leave.
If wellness is important to you, you’ll find other team members who share your active and healthy lifestyle at Silver Star Brands. To support this wellness culture, we offer the following wellness-related benefits:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Life happens. If you experience a life situation that challenges you, our Employee Assistance Program is available to help. EAP is a free, confidential counseling and referral service designed to help employees and their families. To make EAP services as accessible as possible, we also provide onsite EAP services twice each month.
- Wellness Program – Our innovative employee wellness program is one of the hallmarks of our culture. We promote a healthy and tobacco-free work environment by offering free annual Health Risk Assessments (HRAs) tied to incentives. An on-site occupational health nurse, on-site physical therapy, rewards programs for healthy living and discounts to specified fitness centers, including the YMCA are other wellness benefits. We also host free educational programs on nutrition, fitness, smoking cessation and more. We are proud to be a founding member of Well Oshkosh, an organization that helped the Oshkosh community earn its designation as a Well City.